Allistair McCaw is today’s guest on The Tennis Files Podcast. Allistair is a world class sports performance specialist and owner of The McCaw Method. He has trained some of the best tennis players in the world, including Kevin Anderson, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Xavier Malisse, Bernard Tomic, and Jelena Dokic.
Allistair talks about the importance of setting standards when working with athletes and parents, and how playing other sports will make us better tennis players. He explains that we first have to focus on the fundamentals and then take care of the “one-percents” to maximize our athletic capabilities. Allistair also answers several audience questions on injuries, imbalances, recovery, training, and dealing with the heat.
On this episode, you will learn:
- The importance of setting standards
- The role of coaches and parents in developing an athlete
- Why coaches must make a connection with their students
- How playing multiple sports can help tennis players improve
- How becoming a better athlete will make you a better tennis player
- Why taking care of the small things matter
- The fundamentals of becoming a better athlete
- Why you can’t afford not to stretch
- How to prepare for and deal with extreme heat
- How to recover from your injuries
Thanks to Allistair for being on the show, and for teaching us the principles that we must follow to achieve athletic and personal excellence. His passion and energy for making people better is something that every athlete, coach, and parent can learn from. Take Allistair’s advice to heart and you will take your game to the next level.
Subscribe to automatically download new episodes[button link=”https://tennisfiles.com/itunes”]Subscribe on iTunes[/button] – Click the blue “View in iTunes” button then hit “Subscribe”
Or hit the subscribe button in your favorite podcast app!
Links Mentioned in This Episode